Sunday, May 11, 2008

Any city with a couple buidlings I recognize feels like home

Hello again.
The last week we’ve traveled from Cairo to Aswan to Luxor and back to Cairo this morning. We visited a plethora of temples and tombs including Karnack (big temple), Valley of the Kings (saw mummies including Tut's) and Hatshepsut’s temple( denied she was a woman in order to be pharoah).

It was great but touristy, herdish and I was sick the last two days. (Feeling better now =D, don’t worry Mom). Tomorrow, Monday, we’re settling into our routine of Arabic classes.

I’m staying at another hotel in Zamelick, in my favorite room yet. We have free wireless!! And beautiful breezy porches overlooking a busy street with stores, restaurants--our favorite so far is Joffrey's and a school. I'm chilling on the porch now.

Only 10 out of the 35 of our herd are living here, those of us with any knowledge of Arabic. Those with no Arabic and the engineers are blocks away at Flamenco.

So I’m going write separate blog entries of some highlights, I use that term loosely, of the last week starting with the overnight train from Cairo to Aswan. If you’re interested in more details about where we went, I suggest you refer to Denis or maybe Molly, our history major’s, blog.

Also, I used Skype to talk with my roomie loves today. It's easy and free....

No comments: