Sunday, May 11, 2008

What not to do when you flush a peach down a toilet

It was Jeff, an engineering professor’s idea. The toilets on the overnight train deposit directly onto the tracks beneath he told us.

To fill in the context, Mary and I are filming footage for a documentary and promo video for the dialogue. The two of us with cameras in hand is a common sight.

So after enjoying an amazingly juicy peach I ventured to the WC to get the clip. After dropping the pit into the toilet I couldn’t find the flusher. I looked all over but the only possibility seemed to be a silver metal thing to the side.
I pressed it with my sandaled foot and nothing happened. Determined I began to kick it.
A little exageration on camera can go a long way....
Next thing I knew water was squirting out at me. In the small 4X4 bathroom their was no escaping it. It ricocheted off the walls in all directions. I rushed out of the bathroom, camera in hand and dripping wet into a puzzled British guy.

So that was my first encounter with a bidet. What I don’t understand is how anyone could attempt to use one in that space….

No comments: